Yes. Futures contracts are a leveraged product so you can take advantage of price movements at a fractional requirement of the notional value (ex. $75/barrel oil*1,000 barrels per contract = $75,000 notional value). While you do not get to trade with more funds than you deposit, the full value of the contracts you trade will give you additional monetary control.
Articles in this section
- How are the Crypto Futures margined? (Micro Bitcoin, Bitcoin, and Ether)
- Does Tradovate offer special margins for day trading?
- What is the Margin on 50+ Micro or 20+ eMini Index Contracts?
- What hours are day, night and initial margins available?
- What are the margin requirements at Tradovate?
- What is Tradovate's liquidation policy?
- Can I place trades while my account is under margined?
- Does Tradovate offer margin trading?
- How do futures margins work?
- How can I tell how much margin my positions require?