The Tradovate system runs a pre-trade risk review of your account to determine if you have the available margin to place the proposed trade. If you do not, the order will be rejected and you would need to add funds or close other positions in order to place the new trade.
Articles in this section
- How are the Crypto Futures margined? (Micro Bitcoin, Bitcoin, and Ether)
- Does Tradovate offer special margins for day trading?
- What is the Margin on 50+ Micro or 20+ eMini Index Contracts?
- What hours are day, night and initial margins available?
- What are the margin requirements at Tradovate?
- What is Tradovate's liquidation policy?
- Can I place trades while my account is under margined?
- Does Tradovate offer margin trading?
- How do futures margins work?
- How can I tell how much margin my positions require?