No, the clearing fee is not a relabeled commission. Since Tradovate is an introducing broker and not a clearing firm, we pay to clear the trade and there is a real cost associated to that transaction. Some other non-clearing firms charge clearing fees (in addition to the commissions they charge) at a much higher rate, using that as a profit center, which is not the approach we are taking at Tradovate.
Articles in this section
- Can I update the payment method for my Tradovate or market data subscriptions?
- Does Tradovate charge commissions for each contract that I trade?
- What is included with a Tradovate membership?
- Are there any additional fees that I may be charged?
- Is the $0.09 per contract clearing fee actually a commission with a different label?
- How can I pay for my Tradovate membership?
- Are there different membership options available?
- Does Tradovate offer a free trial of its trading platform?